Tuesday, July 31, 2007

2/24/2006 - A Little Role Play

Feb 24, 2006
A Little Role Play
This is me trying to explain to my husband what I feel like all day and why I am sometimes liable to lose it when he does something as innocent as forget to put his dishes in the dishwasher.

Me – “Ok, now I am going to show you what I feel like all day. Slowly walk away from me.”

DH – starts walking away and I start making little grabs all over him and saying, as I grab him “Michele I just need you to …..Michele you have a call on line….Michele we have a meeting in 10 minutes….Michele did you mail that birthday card yet? Michele you need to send the phone bill out. Michele don’t forget to check on your parents mail. Michele you still haven’t written that thank-you note yet. Michele you need to make a doctors appointment. Michele. Michele, Michele!! ”

Me – ‘Do you see what I mean?”DH – laughing, “Yes, I can see why you feel pulled in so many different directions.”

Me – “Ok, now try to walk away again so I can show you what goes on in my head while I am being pulled in all those different directions.”

DH – slowly starts to walk away as I slap him (lightly) in the back of the head and say “You’re fat. You haven’t worked out in months. You have too much credit card debt. You should have breastfed. Your kids are in daycare all day. Your basement needs to be organized. You yard needs work. Your Master bedroom looks like a goodwill furniture showroom…etc.”

DH – “Wow, you really think all that in one day?”

Me – “In one day? Try in one minute. Ok, now walk away from me one more time so I can show you how I feel when you don’t clean up after yourself or when I feel like the house is not in order.”

Dh – starts walking away as I grab the bag of his shirt and hold on tight Dh - ”I cant get anywhere.”

Me – “Welcome to my world.”


Posted by Michele at 2/24/2006 11:22:00 AM
2 comments:
Sharpie said...
SO well put - I might just try it on mine.Doubt he'll "get it" like yours did....
Feb 24, 2006 3:51:00 PM
sherry said...
I agree...I'll be trying that, too. Although, I may have to draw some diagrams or Gantt charts for my hubby to understand.Don't ask what a Gantt chart is or why the fuck I know what it is. :)
Feb 24, 2006 4:39:00 PM

No comments: