Tuesday, July 31, 2007

7/18/2006 - Permission Granted

Jul 18, 2006
Permission Granted
Exactly two years ago this morning I got pregnant. For my first and only time. I don’t know if anyone else celebrates the anniversary of their pregnancies but today will always be a special day for me.

It was about 10:30am to be exact. With in-vitro you get to be so very precise about when it all happened. I remember lying there, trying not to pee, as they got me prepped for the transfer. Tom and I made silly small talk and then they brought us “pictures” of the two embryos they were going to transfer. There they were – our kids, all 36 or so cells of them.

After all the fanfare leading up to it I guess I was surprised when the transfer was quick and quiet. When they said it was finished, I announced to my belly – “This is your mother. I want you both to hang on tight now. Stay in there and grow. We’ll see you in nine months.”

We drove home where I commenced my 12 hours of bedrest. Tom brought me barbecued chicken pizza and I lay there waiting to feel pregnant. I felt Baby J implant. I was told to look for a sharp pinch and I felt it. Sharp and low. Baby E must have snuck in later that evening.

I remember all that day a stupid line from a movie kept running through my head.

“Permission to come aboard?”

Permission Granted.


Posted by Michele at 7/18/2006 03:34:00 PM
4 comments:
Binkytown said...
Congratulations! I think it's wonderful that you can celebrate that with such precision and be able to reflect on it. How are you? OK?
Jul 18, 2006 5:45:00 PM
Sharpie said...
I think that's awesome - I am certain both of mine implanted somewhere between margaritas and kamikazees. lol.
Jul 18, 2006 8:11:00 PM
macboudica said...
That is a great memory. I have no idea when mine were implanted--probably like Sharpie.
Jul 19, 2006 9:06:00 AM
Her Bad Mother said...
Great memory, and *great* line.Happy anniversary. (I mark these occasions, too.)
Jul 20, 2006 10:10:00 AM

No comments: