Tuesday, July 31, 2007

8/3/2006 - Summer Lovin', Had Me A Blast

Aug 3, 2006
Summer Lovin, Had Me a Blast
One wonderful thing came from this heat wave. My boys have discovered swimming.

My parents have a pool and I have actually taken the boys in before. Those experiences were more of the “shivering toddlers turning blue while holding me in a death grip” ilk. Last night, they got their swimming groove on.

I think it was a combination of the heat outside and the bathwater-warm pool temp that did it. I only wish I had pictures. There is something so gorgeous about their naked little bodies splashing about as if they invented water. They are fearless.

Although I had nothing to do with it, it makes me feel ridiculously proud. I want my boys to love the water like I do. My favorite summer memories involve long days in the ocean riding waves and even longer days in the pools I grew up around. I can not wait until they are old enough to go into the ocean with me.

Other things I can’t wait to do with my boys:
• Go to NYC to see the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center.
• Take them to the Cowtown Rodeo, yes, really. We aren’t country but we did discover rodeos a few years ago and it is really exciting.
• Take them to a zoo
• Take them to my roots
• Teach them how to cook
• Take them on a hayride
• Take them horseback riding
• Teach them to grow their own vegetables
• Take them to a drive-in movie
• Go for rides in a convertible at night
• Take them crabbing and teach them how to eat a crab

But for right now, toddler skinny-dipping, Elmo books, naps on my chest and trips to The Brew Ha Ha in the double stroller are pretty damn sweet too.
Posted by Michele at 8/03/2006 10:26:00 AM


6 comments:
Suz said...
Oh, yes! It's all about Rehoboth! I keep trying to convince my husband that the long island sound does not constitute "the shore" and won't be happy until I get to take our little ones to where I grew up.
Aug 3, 2006 11:35:00 AM
1girl2boys said...
That's a great list you have going there. I'm sure you and the kids will have a great time doing all those things. It's so nice when our kids can experience things we did when we were growing up and enjoy them.
Aug 3, 2006 11:45:00 AM
macboudica said...
I wish we had a pool nearby. We got to take the little guys swimming when we went on vacation and all three wore the full piece floatation suits that made them all look loke mutant sumo wrestlers. EEF had a great time (he is older, more fearless), while one of the twins clung to me and the other one discovered his new fav thing in the universe is jumping in over and over and over again. It was a great way to tire them out.
Aug 3, 2006 5:19:00 PM
Sheri said...
Love the list!!!Enjoy the time with your kids as they learn to swim. How fun!
Aug 4, 2006 6:37:00 AM
Sharpie said...
Wonderful list!! Mine always including Halloween door-to-door, apple picking, going to museums and amusement parks. And every year they are more fun than the year before. Glad the swimming went well - it is so fun to be able to do stuff as a family and ALL enjoy.
Aug 4, 2006 8:32:00 AM
Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...
Don't forget family bike rides :) We've just discovered these and they totally ROCK!Sounds like you have tons of beautiful memories just waiting to be made!Cheers!Julie
Aug 6, 2006 12:20:00 PM

No comments: