Thursday, August 23, 2007

PC Crap Shoot

(CBS/AP) Officials at an Arizona school suspended a 13-year-old boy for sketching what looked like a gun, saying the action posed a threat to his classmates. "My son is a very good boy [who] doesn't get into trouble," the boy's mother, Paula Mosteller, told CBS affiliate KPHO correspondent Mary Valenzuela. "There was nothing on the paper that would signify that it was a threat of any form." "He was just basically doodling and not thinking a lot about it." The Chandler Unified School District declined to give more details about the incident. Spokesperson Terry Locke said in a statement, "Federal privacy law forbids the school or district from discussing student discipline."

So let me get this straight. This kid was a danger to his classmates, because he drew a picture of a gun? As if his mere doodling was enough to create an actual shooting?

I wonder if this kid and his magic pencil of fate can doodle me thin, and 10 years younger, sporting a Prada bag filled with a million dollars?

I'd homeschool him myself for that.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh, send him to my house next! We'll throw in some lessons for some magic crayon time.

JMC said...

Can he draw me a cook, a maid and a chauffeur? Oh, and a nanny?