Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What the...?

I do read some of the “cool” super mom blogs and most of the time I don’t comment only because I usually don’t get to the party until there are already 89 comments and I just feel like anything I have to say at that point would just be “Me Too!”. But sometimes I do manage to get in early in the game and if I feel like I have something of value to add to the conversation I do, respectfully and articulately (Me Articulate? Imagine!). In the last few months I have noticed that I have made what I thought were relevant, friendly, and intelligent comments, and seen them in the comment list (because I always have to read them again to make sure I didn’t sound like a total ass), only to check in later to see what others had to say and find that my comment was gone. Vanished! Finito!

What is up with that? I could see if I was being controversial or inflammatory, but if a blogger asks for advice and I make a thoughtful, non-judgemental contribution, why am I deleted to make room for things like “Too funny! Love your blog!” and “I don’t have any assvice but I think you are awesome!”?

Are these “Cool” bloggers just looking for Commentary Validation? Am I just so uncool that they don’t even want me associated with their blog? Is it any wonder I skipped Blogher again this year with this kind of silliness bothering me?

OK, later this morning I checked and now my comment is showing, and it wasnt early this morning, but it was last Friday. I give up. I seriously doubt it was because of this whiney post.

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Wow that sucks! I haven't had that happen to me. When I look back, my comments are still there. I don't know why they would delete your comments. I think unless someone is just vulgar or attacks me personally about something not related to the blog, I would never delete a comment. People should always have the right to disagree. So come back to my blog - I'll never delete your comments! : )

Tessie said...

I feel like bursting into tears just reading this, if that happened to me I would be scarred for life. This is why I lurk madly on about half the sites I read. The Fear of Rejection.

Mrs. Chicken said...

I can't imagine ANYONE would delete comments - even the Big Girls. Maybe you're missing a step??

I heart you and your comments - comment away anytime.


xoxoxo

Swistle said...

I don't know if that's ever happened to comments I've left or not, because I usually don't go back to check (unless I am really really interested in the topic, like if it's about BABY NAMES!!). But it seems really weird that it would happen, and I agree with Mrs. Chicken: if you're not being rude or flamey, I can't see anyone deleting comments. The more comments the better, ESPECIALLY on the big blogs. There's no coolness standard for commenters, because it doesn't matter.

One of my commenters once emailed me to say she'd written a long comment and it was gone--and I swear I didn't delete it. She knew I hadn't, though, because it wasn't disagreeing in any way, it was contributing to a fun discussion on tacky weddings. She said the comment just disappeared. I wonder if it's a weird internet/blog problem.

Julie R said...

Well obviously its because you are one of the super cool people who is just not appreciated by the rest of society.

Michele said...

Julie, I like sarcasm in a person.

Julie R said...

Hee.

I hadn't really intended to be sarcastic. It was meant more to be a word of encouragement from one exta super cool yet totally misunderstood person to another.

Sharpie said...

Maybe its just the stupid internet - I find I am having trouble commenting on sites lately - I get redirected, it doesn't post - who knows. I'm sure it is NOT you.

a happier girl said...

That's weird. I can't imagine anyone would care to delete comments unless they're rude or spam or something. Weird.