Friday, September 7, 2007

Mickey and Me

A month ago, my kids discovered the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It’s been cluttering up the TiVo queue with its catchy tunes and flashy animation, and it is Toddler Meth at my house. I can get them to do anything if I promise they can watch Mickey afterwards. It has been a valuable parenting weapon tool. Alas, it only worked when we were at home, in TiVo range.

And then last weekend, we found these…



They have barely left my children’s shoulders in the 6 days we have owned them. They are packed and unpacked several times a day. Loaded with everything from books, to balls, to crackers, to my keys and my sunglasses ($@^^&*!).

And the best thing about them, is that they are my new portable threat motivational tool. Don’t want to get in your carseat? Well, Mommy will just have to take Mickey with her to work. Don’t want to hold hands crossing the street? Then Mickey is going back in the van.

Mickey and I are ruling with an iron glove.

3 comments:

AndreAnna said...

Mickey is one tough SOB. DO NOT eff with The Mouse!

I personally can't stand that show simply becuase that song from Hell gets stuck in my head and I find myself at business meetings going "Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog". Sigh.

Pinks & Blues said...

OK, I have to get myself some of these babies. A threat (scratch that) motivational tool? I'm all over it!! Where do I get these??
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues

Leanne said...

Gosh, do you think it will work for a nine year old? I need a motivational/bribe tool now that soccer season is over. It used to be, behave or I won't let you play...

I'm cruel I know, but I get desperate sometimes! Now I just need hockey season to start.