Monday, September 10, 2007

While I Do Believe in Karma, I Do Not Have a Chameleon

Hey, I have an announcement to make – Ta Da! I have joined DC Metro Mom’s

DC Metro Mom’s is a local spin-off of Silicone Valley Moms and I am very excited to be a part of it. Some of my favorite Mom Bloggers are there, plus some great new ones I have discovered in the, oh, four days, since I joined.

With the election coming up, I am particularly interested in the political power of Women Who Blog. These women are a grassroots force to be reckoned with and I have alot to learn.

My inaugural post went up today. I didn't initially intend for my intro to their world to be about September 11th, but my memories of it are still pretty sharp when they start showing those crumbling buildings over and over again. Click here to read it, or just feel free to go over and make fun of my photo in the “About Us” section. All of the other moms are young and cool and attractive, and I look like a trannie. Like Boy George, when he hit the skids and needed his roots done. Yup, I took the picture myself at 6am in the bathroom.

Also, I want to say that this isn’t going to change anything about what we already have going here. Really. I am not some guy telling you we can still be friends while he is already deleting you from his Five. I am here for the long haul.

3 comments:

Mrs. Chicken said...

please don't leave us for the big time!

I'll follow you where ever you go ...

Michele said...

Mrs. Chicken, that was very nice of you to say. If you were closer, I would hug you.

PunditMom said...

It will be fun to blog politics with you!