Monday, October 1, 2007

Knowing Where I Stand

I started my new job today.

My sisters and I have this running thing about how on the first day of work you never know where to stand. Someone walks you around and introduces you to people and they shake your hand and then have to go on to their meeting/office/cigarette break and you are always in their way. Its like "Hi, nice to meet you! Welcome Aboard! We'll talk later! hahahaha" and then the awkward fumble to get out of each other's way.

But so far, not so bad. I have a new office, with a door and real walls. A regular Cinderella at the ball office. But the best thing of all about today, is that I have no deadlines, responsibilities or tasks yet. I am revelling in the freedom.

Check back in next week when I am hiding under my desk crying.

3 comments:

Suz said...

Congratulations! Potentially awkward, yes, but also exciting.

a happier girl said...

I have a door but fake walls so I'm kinda sorta jealous. Congratulations.

MrsGrumpy said...

"Cinderella at the office" made me smile. As one who never managed to make it past the shared office and/or cubicle, I say congrats! I hope this new job is interesting, exciting and everything you want it to be.