Thursday, October 18, 2007

NSDW, QRTE, PKJH, and SNGCT. WTF.

I just got back from a conference. The new job.

So since I have only been in the new job for two weeks, I spent much of the conference trying to decipher the acronyms and project code names. When I wasn’t mentally conjuring the image and smell of my boys just to torture myself for having to leave them for 3 days.

What seemed like a good break in routine and a chance to get some much-needed “Me-Time” two weeks ago when they asked me to go, turned into an exercise in kid-hunger. I would call home at night and hear their sweet voices and my arms would ache to hold them and my heart would catch with unrequited hugs and kisses. They were happy with Daddy, chasing and playing ball in the house. Mommy was “at work”.

It doesn’t matter how nice my hotel was or how great my bed was (and it was, my soul, divine), this working mom stuff is so overrated.

I got home in time to pick them up from daycare yesterday, early even. Lots of kisses and hugs. E followed me around for most of the night giggling and hugging my legs and chattering about everything and nothing. J preferred intermittent drive by hugs and squeezes. I even got a few head butts to my leg, in his little boy way. There was only one little hitch, when I picked up my keys to put them in my purse. E looked at me very sternly and said “No more go bye-bye’s Mommy.” When I reassured him I was just putting my keys away, he grinned and said “You home now Mommy. You stay home”

Home.

4 comments:

Lumpyheadsmom said...

WB (Welcome Back)

Suz said...

From one WM (working mom) in a hotel room to another .... you couldn't be more right!

MrsGrumpy said...

It is always good to be home. I'm glad you got home safely and had such a wonderful welcome.

D said...

So true...I'm not a blogger, but came across yours. I recently had a similar experience during a out of town trip. My 3 yr old son told my dad (who was watching him)....mommy's at the airport, she'll wake up on friday...mind you it was only wednesday! boy, do i need to wake up!