Wednesday, December 12, 2007

At Least I Shaved My legs

Last night I had dinner with some old friends I used to work with. We are trying to get together once a month. It is great to see them. We laugh alot and get caught up on what has been happening in our lives. All of us have changed jobs and some of us have even changed husbands, houses and bodies since we first met. Not with each other. More on that another time.

So last night it came up that someone had a MySpace page and I foolishly mentioned that I have a blog. And then immediately wanted to run screaming from the restaurant screaming "la,la,la No I dont!" So they asked me for the address and I changed the subject. Because I have been anonymous for so long to everyone but my sister, and I guess I have learned to love the anonymity and freedom to be as bitter/nerdy/frank/crass as I want without worrying that I might offend someone I know and love.

But then I went through some of my archives last night and realized that I am not bitter or frank or crass about the people I love. Nerdy yes, often. But I dont say anything here that I wouldnt share with them anyway.

So I sent them the link this morning. And now I feel like I am naked in the mall on Black Friday.

Hi Susan, Michele and MP!

2 comments:

MrsGrumpy said...

It is scary to put yourself out there, knowing that people who know you in real life will be reading. A few people who know me read my blog, but I have gotten to a point where I don't care...well as long as it's not my mom. As much as I get upset with her and, mixing in the fact we've never gotten along, I would never want to intentionally hurt her.

Beth said...

My mother-in-law reads mine, (my mother has passed) so she can keep up with her grandchild. Tell me that doesn't make you a bit nervous. I've got some old college friends that read, too. But most are mothers and quilters I've met online.

Found you on the BlogHer promo running on the ads.