Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cringe Blogging

I finally feel like I am starting to "get" it at work and can go to a meeting without living in mortal fear that someone will ask me a question.

I had a meeting this morning at 11. I spent all morning working on some complex data and I was so into it I lost track of time and ended up just getting to the meeting in time. I didn't even have time to run to the bathroom. It went well and I rushed back to my desk after to get a few more things done before lunch.

And that is when I saw it. The big, very red, splotch on the seat of my cushy baby blue office chair.

Just when I think I am an adult, suddenly I am 14 again. At least I am wearing black pants. But the chair looks like it took a bullet for me.

PSA - 13 Baby wipes will take 90% of the blood out of a desk chair cushion. After furious scrubbing.

How do I explain the other 10%?

9 comments:

a happier girl said...

Been there. I kept thinking someone was going to walk by and ask me what I was doing. Because it's tough to play it off when your standing and rubbing the seat of your chair.

Laura said...

Keep a can of a red juice/soft drink/something on your desk. They'll think you spilled. And I have so been there. Hugs.

Michele said...

Thanks for the cringe-relief. I told my husband what happened and he was apalled. He had no idea that it could be so heavy. He suggested bleach. I am sure NO ON WOULD NOTICE if I suddenly reeked of bleach and had a huge white hole in my chair, right?

Rebecca said...

Hydrogen peroxide should take it right out. It might bubble a little (this is good!), but let it sit for a minute, then scrub really good. BTDT and have found nothing works for me as well. Hopefully that’ll do it!!

Sharpie said...

Magic Eraser? God knows that thing takes out everything!!

SO SORRY. My very first period ever = 5th grade, tan cords + history class chair = HORROR.

Your Friend said...

Been there. Happened a few years ago, didn't notice until I walked out of my "business partner's" office. You know, the cute one?? I had a wonderful skirt on that camoflauged everything but you never really know if you've come across the world's most profficient "Where's Waldo" enthusiast. I can actually get into this page now so I'll be reading regulalry. How else can I find out what my Friend is up to? By the way, how did you get that picture of me poolside?

BetteJo said...

Oh the horror!

Michele said...

Hello Sweet Friend!

Melissa said...

Happened, more than once. The last time was at work for me as well. Was wearing Khakis though. If you sit for too long it all comes out.

First time was most embarassing I must admit though, was in high school at a party, wearing red pants (good for me and it WAS the 80's) but the cute guy whose lap I was sitting on walked into the kitchen with his pants COVERED.