Friday, January 18, 2008

Dating Other People


I had to laugh when I read Sherry's post about how some of her regular blog reads have gotten too political lately. Lately, I have just been yawning through alot of my regular blogs. Not any of you people who come here, I love every last one of you. I am talking about the many other ones I read and generally lurk on. Maybe they are just feeling the winter blues, or have other stuff going on in their lives (imagine!) but other than you guys, and some of the big news and gossip ones I read, it's been a January hibernation.


I need good reads like I need coffee. My job is very technical and frustrating and sometimes, after losing another 100 points off of my vision from deciphering billions of lines of data, I need a mental break. I need a laugh, a hot shopping tip, or a good story or soup recipe. I like a little political banter as much as I like a crazy Brittny story. I also like a blogger who just writes really well about life and it's ups and downs.


So, my friends, I need your suggestions. Please tell me about bloggers you love. Or even just websites you love. I need to bulk up my blog dates list.

6 comments:

BetteJo said...

Ooh - try True Wife Confessions - http://truewifeconfessions.blogspot.com/ Confessions sent to the author and published anonymously - deliciously salacious and naughty sometimes, sad and even joyful at others. Always worth more than a few minutes because more than 1 confession is usually posted at one time.

Laura said...

DisFUNctionalcity911.blogspot.com is a wonderful blog. She has such strength and shares wonderful stories of her job as a dispatcher.

I also love shari of literallyblindsided.blogspot.com and the dailythree.blogspot.com.

It's funny because I cannot get through the day without checking in on my bloggy friends. I hope all is well with you.

That Chick Over There said...

Hi! First time here. No idea how I got here, but hello! :)

I have a ginormous blogroll full-o-delights. It keeps me busy for days.

Sherry said...

Truewifeconfessions is AWESOME.

I LOVE Overheard in NY... http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/

If you're crafty and like bags or either or, check out uhandblog.typead.com.

Other than that, just keep reading mine. :)

Michele said...

Thank you for all of the suggestions!

Laura - I added some of your suggestions to my blog reader. They look like great reads.

Sherry - Ok, TrueWifeConfessons is awesome, but TrueDadConfessons scared the CRAP out of me. And
I do love Overheard in NY. I also love Overheard in the Office - http://www.overheardintheoffice.com/.
As if I would ever stop reading you, my first Blog Crush. And I am not crafty, but I would like to be when I grow up.

Hey Chick over There, I am on way over to see you right now.

Gunfighter said...

You'd like my blog... I think.

I'm exceptionally opinonated... but I'm noce to almost everyone.