Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year, Friends

We had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year. We spent Christmas at my sister Christine's in Pittsburgh and it was a whirlwind of celebrating. We started with a birthday party for 3 year old niece Sanna on the 23rd where I got to meet my sister's wonderful friends Maria and Grace, finally. Hi Grace!!

On the 24th Christine and my mom and I had a last-minute shopping trip and lunch out which was a treat for the body and mind. It is so nice to get away and have adult conversation with two of my favorite people in the world. We went to Mass that night and my BIL Bart watched the kids so Tom and I were able to relax, hold hands, and LISTEN at mass for a change. Although we actually spent a good part of the time pointing out other people's cute kids and missing ours.

Christmas morning was a blast of paper, toys and kids. I could watch the kids open presents for hours. Mine were slightly confused by all the activity at first and then loved their new cars, microphones and baseball bats. I loved watching Christine's kids, especially since she dragged out their "big" gifts until the very end. I gave Tom a camcorder and had fun wielding it all morning. Later in the day we had a much quieter dinner with his family and it was great chance to nap and catch up with them.

We came home Wednesday and I spent the next two days on laundry and figuring out where to put all of the new stuff we got. On Saturday it was off to Pottsville to my sister Amy's for a weekend of kids, cookies and cards. We all slept through the ball dropping but still had a great end of 2007.

I know this is a newsie, hokie Mom kind of post, but that was the kind of peaceful, happy holiday we had. I hope yours was equally nice and I wish you all of the very best in 2008.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I love peaceful, happy holidays. Ours was very similar. Less travel, but lots of family and lots of happy kids. Best wishes to you and your family!

Laura said...

It is the very best kind of post. Happy new year to you and your family.

BetteJo said...

Those are the best kind of holidays!