Friday, January 25, 2008

One Sexy Gig


So yeah, we got the virus. Although sparingly. So far.


Last night as we put the kids to bed, Jonas spewed undigested corn all over the hallway carpet. This after he had spent an hour sitting on my lap (with bucket and towels nearby) telling me he was not sick. They made it through the night without another eruption, and they are home with Tom today and still vomit free at almost noon. But I highly suspect more is to come, since their classmates and teacher were all violently ill when they had it.

Sidebar - "Violently Ill" always makes me laugh. As if you should be vigorously swinging swords and knives around instead of weakly lying on the bathroom floor trying not to shit yourself.

So as I was scrubbing vomit out of the carpet last night, I couldn't help but think that motherhood is one gross ride. Between the vomiting, the snot sucker, the rectal thermometer, the diarrhea, the pink eyes and the draining ears, it's a regular 3rd world country peace corps experience. But without the peace.

This wasn't in the brochure.
Another one bites the dust - Tom just called at 2:00 to say that the other kid has succumbed. This is going to be a Fabulous weekend...

5 comments:

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Hey, count your blessings. Sarah is dealing with suppositories.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

That Lumpyhead's Mom is telling the truth.

It's ugly all over the place.

Laura said...

Awww, I am so sorry. It totally sucked when it ran through our house. I hope you had the kind we had...short, although not so sweet. Hugs.

Sharpie said...

I HEAR you - and remember I had it in MY TAMPONS. So, yes gross ride indeed.

Sherry said...

Poor sweet thing. I'm so, so sorry.

Here's to hoping stomachs are calm in your house!

Smooches and 7Up...