Thursday, January 3, 2008

Simplification 101, Unclutterring the Blog

If you are here on a real visit, and not via a blog reader, you may have noticed some changes round here. I took off everything except for my blog roll. Hopefully this will speed up loading for some of you (Sherry I am looking at you), and just feel less cluttered for all of you.

I am not big on resolutions per se. I prefer a "Theme" that I can apply to everything in my life. Without going all preachy-Oprah on you, I hope 2008 will be about simplifying my life, and this is one of the places I am starting. Not that I will blog less. I actually hope to blog more. But I don't need all of the bells and whistles and links and clubs I was trying to be part of in 2007. So bye-bye Blogher ads. I am not sure how to officially break it off with them but since I haven't seen any revenue checks yet, I think they may have beat me to it.

It looks sort of monastic and barren here, so if anyone knows someone who can do some spiffying up for me color and theme-wise, and who can do it for less than $100, let me know.

On a related note, I think my husband made a "Theme" to rock my world in as many ways as possible this year and it is working beautifully. Lets hope we both stick to our "Themes" this year.

9 comments:

Laura said...

Yay for smart husbands! On my old laptop, your site loaded slow, but I haven't had any problems with loading since I bought my new laptop. I know cleaning out caches and spiffying up computer processes can help people with slow loading times. On blog that I read religiously, I can never comment on because her comment button appears to be broken... and she posts the cutest pictures of her kidlets.

Binky said...

Sounds like your husband picked a very nice theme. We're doing our best around here to the same end, so here's hoping it works out all around, and all year long. Happy new year!

Shelly said...

Oh yay for your husband! Here's to hoping he keeps it up!

Suz said...

YAY! I want my husband to make me a theme. I like the whole theme approach, too. It makes sense.

BetteJo said...

I actually removed some of the stuff from blog too but it doesn't seem to have made a bit of a difference! I can't seem to part with all of the stuff. Maybe it's like breaking any addiction - you have to be ready.
http://designedbylara.com/blog/ did my blog, it was much less cluttered when she finished it - and her prices are reasonable. She has some premade designs or will design to specification. Have a peek!

Sharpie said...

I love simplify. Perfect. And tell YOUR hubby to call MY hubby, cuz DAMN, a year ALL ABOUT MAKING ME HAPPY???? I would be VERY happy with that!!

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Well it loads really fast!

Sherry said...

Looking at floor...swinging foot back and forth...

You did this with little ol' me in mind?

Love it. I do. And the meaning behind it.

A very happy 08, my friend.

Jerseygirl89 said...

Your husband rocks.

Pyzam has blogspot themes for free. There are TONS of them. And since all you have is a blogroll, it won't be hard to upload one.