Friday, February 29, 2008

Call Me Michele Hussein

Did anyone else hear that idiot Bill Cunningham on NPR the other day? Insisting on referring to Barack Obama as "Barack Hussein Obama", with an emphasis on "Hussein"?

It really chapped me, and with my love of all things moisturizing, that is saying alot. Yes, I am an Obama Sheep, Obamaniac, or whatever derivative you would like to use to describe me, but c'mon. That is a cheap shot, along the lines of the recent "garb-gate".

Anyway, I am also a Hussein Sheep, because I am participating in the Momocrats campaign to show Bill that it's not nice to make fun of people's names, but a name is just a name. A name does NOT make him a terrorist.

Jerk.

In other news:

Hey, I am thinking of moving over to Wordpress. Any thoughts? Anyone been there, done that?

And, I signed up for Weight Watchers. I have no excuse not to. My company will reimburse me 100% once I attend 18 meetings. And it will take way more than 18 meetings to get my ass in any kind of shape. So my meeting vouchers will be in next week, and then I will hit my first meeting. In preparation, I may eat a whole side of beef this weekend.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I'm on Wordpress, and it's been good. Oh, I still have lots to learn, but it's fairly user-friendly.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I switched from Blogger to WordPress and I'm glad I made the switch. It is slightly more complicated, but less... fascist?

sherry said...

I also switched from Movable Type to Wordpress and LURVE it. And Sarah's right...it's totally open code and MUCH less facist than the rest of the providers, even my beloved first host, Typepad.

GO WW!!! I haven't been to a meeting in over a week, since D was out of the country, but I'm going back on Tuesday. Go for it!!!!! Let me know all about it, and we can even be, like, WW-fat-ass-no-more buddies!!!

BTW, are you ever on AIM? Cuz I need me some Michele chat.

Sharpie said...

Yeah WW and for FREE - that's like winning LOTTO over here!! Good luck!!