Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Putting It Out There


I just read Eat, Pray, Love. Right, I am just about 3 years behind the rest of you in my reading. Moving on.


I give it a B- overall, but I liked some parts of the book very much. One of the things I took away from it was the idea of putting an idea out there of something you want to happen. It reminds me of my sister's almost infallible rule that you can find a good parking spot anywhere if you just visualize it opening up for you. Having been in numerous situations with her where against all odds we got the perfect spot, I tend to lean in that general direction.


So these are things I am putting out there right now. Feel free to blow some good luck, parayers or karma dust in this general direction. If you leave your wants in the comments, I promise to visualize them for you when I am parallel parking in my great spot in front of the door.


I promise.



I want Christine and Bart to sell their house.


I want John to find a nice girl he wants to spend the rest of his life with.


I want Amy and Bill to find peace of mind.


I want Tom and I to get out of debt and go on a real vacation.


I want my mother to relax.


I want to see Jackie again soon.
PS - Weight Watchers Week Two Update - lost 1.6 pounds. Total of 6.6 pounds in 2 weeks.

14 comments:

Shelly said...

I want to figure out if I want another baby or not.

Michele said...

Shelly -

I am all over it. And for what it is worth, when I thought about what you wrote, I got a warm fuzzy baby feeling.

Sharpie said...

Michele - I am a total supporter of what you put out in the universe is what you get back. Positive out - positive in. But, I have to tell you - I am TOTALLY stealing the parking spot thing. I have nothing to add to your list. I am a pretty happy camper. And, if it makes you feel better - I haven't read that book either, though I want to.

WOO HOO on the weight loss!!!!!!!!

sherry said...

So true. All of it. And, I'm right with you on the being behind in reading. I JUST discovered David Sedaris and, right after I finish the one I'm reading, I'm finally picking up Confessions of a Shopaholic. Hey, we had twins. That's our excuse.

I want everyone else to get what they want.

And WOOT on the WW progress!!!! YEAH!

This Mom said...

I've had that book on my bookshelf forever and have not gotten around to reading it.

Thanks for visiting my site today. I've added you to my feed reader to keep up on your WW progress. I'm thinking about starting it up again myself!

that chick said...

don't flame me, please! but i found that book to be a little... um, selfish? self-absorbed? something. but i realize i'm the only only one alive who thinks that.

MadWoman said...

Clicked over from Dad Gone Mad, glad I did.

Congrats on your weightloss first of all. I'm going down that road myself (though its been awhile since I updated on that aspect of my life).

As for the book, I am even further behind in the reading world than you were. I still have not read that.

But I do agree with your visualization stance. I do the same thing. Seems to work a fair amount.

Michele said...

Hey That Chick!

No flames here. I definitely thought the book was self-absorbed and selfish, but she never presented it as anything but that. It was her journey.

When I first read your comment, I thought you meant my list was self-absorbed and selfish and I wanted to say "Hey! I am only on the list one time!!" But on second thought, I didnt ask for world peace or mercy on the terminally ill either. I will work on that.

MamaBird said...

If it makes you feel any better, EatPrayLove is *still* on my to-read list! If you could visualize my friend who's about to deliver having a fast painfree healthy delivery that'd be great. Oh, and to lobby for something self-absorbed? Linda Hamilton arms.

Becky at Swirling Vortex said...

I liked the book - a lot. (and I just read it a few weeks ago - so you aren't the only one) I want to run away for a year and figure me out too. But raising two teens doesn't really allow for that.

Congrats on the WW progress. That rocks!

Trish K said...

I liked the book as well, I read it for my book club. I wish I had the luxury of taking time off and figuring out my life....

I hope your wishes come true

I will add one to the list

I hope my 10 year old girl will still crawl in bed and snuggle with me like she always has. Having a hard time letting her grow up

Shelly said...

Thanks Michelle! That's probably the direction I'm leaning.

Anonymous said...

I used to be happy just reading a book. but it seems everything I read anymore is closely related Tom

Anonymous said...

I used to be happy just reading a book. but it seems everything I read anymore is closely related Tom